Second visit to Millers Wood

At the weekend I visited Millers Wood, near Handcross in West Sussex for the second time (see my blog on the first time I visited here: (https://myathebirder.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/bird-photography-workshop-with-john.html) to photograph the many species of birds that visit the photography hides built by the owner and photographer, John Stanton.

It is a great place because it offers a reflection pool, many feeding stations and cosy hides with one even being heated with a wood-burner! This time my aim was to try and photograph the Crossbills which now visit quite regularly, but unfortunately when I was there they didn't come to drink from the reflection pool. However with species such as Great Spotted Woodpeckers coming down frequently I managed to get some photos I was pleased with. Another bonus was that I saw a brambling for the first time, a bird that I had been trying to see for a while!

Brambling

Blue Tit

Blue Tit


Chaffinch

Great Spotted Woodpecker close-up

GSW

Nuthatch
I would thoroughly recommend having a look at John's site and visiting Miller's Wood for yourself!-www.johnstantonphotography.co.uk/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..