Bird Ringing at Cissbury

On Sunday morning I arrived at Cissbury, Findon at 6:45 to do some bird ringing. I ringed a male Blackbird, Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff, Male Bullfinch, Long-Tailed Tit, Dunnock and Robin. Quite a few were retraps (birds that have been caught and ringed before) but I managed to ringed around 5 or 6. So overall it was quite good for a variety of species.

                                           
                                             

Throughout the morning I saw Red-Legged Patridge (a first for me!), 3 Linnet, Wren, Great Tit, Buzzard and 4 Swallow flying around in the field below where we were. I also heard a Rook calling.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..