Chesworth Farm

As it wasn't raining this morning I made the most of it and spent a couple of hours at Chesworth Farm in Horsham.

Strolling along the main path there were many birds around including Song Thrush and Blackbird. As I reached the end of the path a group of Long-Tailed Tits were scattered in the trees parallel to where I was walking. Hidden among them were two tiny Goldcrests. As me, my mum and dog walked along the fields quite a number of Fieldfare and Redwing sung at the tops of the surrounding trees and bushes. There were also a flock of noisy Starling.

As we reached the newly made Wetland I spotted a Grey Heron well hidden among the Reeds, it is quite amazing how still they are! As I was leaving I spotted a Female Kestrel perched in a tree. As I approached it slowly I managed to get right under the tree it was sitting on! That is what I call a brilliant wildlife experience...

Kestrel

Total species list:

Bullfinch
Blackbird
Song Thrush
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Long-Tailed Tit
Chaffinch
Greenfinch
Goldfinch
House Sparrow
Buzzard
Kestrel
Fieldfare
Redwing
Grey Heron
Mallard
Robin
Wren
Dunnock
Moorhen
Wood Pigeon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..