Another Cold Day of Birding

Today I went to RSPB Pulborough Brooks. Once again it was a very cold and mist covered the fields and lakes. Just before I got there whilst in my car, a Buzzard suddenly appeared from nowhere and landed on a tree to side of the road. As I looked back I realised that it was feasting on a dead fox that had been run over by a car.

I saw quite a lot of birds so I will list them here:

  • 150 Widgeon 
  • 50 Black Tailed Godwit
  • 100 Teal
  • 10 Lapwing
  • 3 Pied Wagtail
  • 1 Snipe
  • 2 Blackbird
  • 15 Robin
  • 25 Shoveler
  • 6 Pintail
  • 5 Moorhen
  • 1 Stonechat male
  • 2 Bullfinch
  • 1 Green Woodpecker
  • 1 Goldcrest
It was the first time for me that I have seen black tailed godwits and that amount of teal and widgeon. Also I have never seen Pintail before even though I could only just about see them through my binoculars. So overall I think it was a great day birding!

Black Tailed Godwit

Black Tailed Godwit

Teal

Robin

Widgeon taking off



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..