Bird Photography Workshop with John Stanton

Sorry for the lack of blog posts over the last few weeks, unfortunately I have been busy with school once again, although I hope to do some birding in the Easter holidays.

At the weekend I visited Millers Wood in Handcross for a bird photography workshop with John Stanton. John Stanton is a fantastic wildlife photographer who has recently purchased a piece of woodland and is starting to create a wildlife haven as well as offer bird hides that are available to rent and photography workshops.

I was pretty impressed with the workshop itself as the set-up is adaptable meaning I can get different shots. It was also relaxed and not at all pressured so I could get the best shots of my ability. John was very helpful and knowledgeable and advised me on my settings and how I can get the best shots with my camera and the light available. I would highly recommend having a look on his website where you can find all the details on how to book a workshop and how to rent a hide: www.johnstantonphotography.co.uk   

Whilst I was there I saw many birds including Siskin, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Wren, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Blackbird, Marsh Tit and Nuthatch.

Here are some of the photos I got:

Great Spotted Woodpecker

Chaffinch


Siskin at the Reflection Pool



Marsh Tit


Nuthatch


Comments

  1. Wonderful pictures - looks like the workshop[p was a winner.

    If you are interested you can link this (and future) posts to Wild Bird Wednesday that runs on my photo-blog from Wednesdays (!) to Sunday - about 50 bird bloggers from around the world already link up and more are always welcome. The whole linking process will take you about 30 seconds!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..