Ashdown Forest

Today I visited Ashdown Forest. It was very sunny and the views were lovely!

Firstly in the distance I heard the screaming call of a Green Woodpecker, then it flew from tree to tree. Then I also heard the call of a Great Spotted Woodpecker and it then landed on a branch right in front of me.

Great Spotted Woodpecker
Whilst walking through the heathland a Wheatear appeared, perched on the top of some gorse. After having lunch I could hear a Whitethroat which sounded as if it was quite close. Then the Whitethroat flew past me, carrying twigs in its beak, diving in amongst some vegetation. Watching it for a while it kept going back there with more twigs in its beak, it most likely had a nest there.

Whitethroat
I also saw Long-Tailed Tits in trees. Chiffchaffs continuously called most of the time I was there although I didn't actually see any. On the way back I saw a male and female Stonechat. The male was chasing a fly and came right up to me!




Lastly, in the trees I saw my first Tree Pipit (Identified by the people of twitter!)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warnham Nature Reserve

A few thoughts...

Have a wonderfully wild Christmas and a Happy New Year..